i made a thing
THIS IS RELEVANT TO MY INTERESTS.
you’re very welcome friend!
Also relevant to my interests.
Thank you! I identify as bisexual because the people in my life better understand what I mean when I use that label. I had a hard enough time explaining to my father what bisexual meant let alone getting into other labels that are out there.
I stayed up for 28 hours writing a FrostIron fanfic and I’m still not done. I have a dozen other WIPs I should be writing but nooo, my muse is a flaky little bitch.
…it’s so much easier to say you’re antisocial…
…or claim that you just don’t like people…
…or pretend that you just don’t care anymore…
…than to admit how lonely and damaged you truly feel.
That’s why we go to shows/movies/books because those characters are the only ones we truly connect with.
The next chapter of Give Me A Label is with my beta, so calm yo titties, everybody, it should hopefully be posted soon…
I mean, thanks for reading and waiting patiently, I love you all :) Chapter 94 is 7,900 words, so hopefully the slightly longer chapter makes up for the delay
Cheers and seasons greetings,
- My munitions expert suggested a M107 Barrett .50 Caliber Anti-Material Rifle, an AS50, or the M200 Cheytac Intervention as ideal long-range assassination weapons.
- He also suggested a M1911, Sig Sauer p226, or Beretta M9 as fairly accurate sidearms. Unless your assassin is flashy and wants a Desert Eagle .50 or a Smith and Wesson .500 … but flashy assassins usually don’t survive long. A suppressed Colt .45 with a sleeve over the ejection port (to catch the casings for no evidence) would work well for a close-range discreet assassination. All the guns are fairly expensive and difficult to acquire legally.
- With the weapons come the equipment - tripods for stabilization, scopes for sighting, conversion kits, cleaning kits (oh my god clean your guns frequently; this is super important), bullets, carrying cases, gunsafes, and probably a gun club membership (the assassin will need to practice their marksmanship frequently if they intend to make a profession out of it, and especially if they’re long range killers).
- Learn the parts of a gun (rifle, machine gun, handgun, shotgun). The assassin should be comfortable with many different guns, and not just in terms of machine gun vs. rifle. Each gun has its own little idiosyncrasies and shooting accurately with a stranger’s gun takes practice. It’s like driving someone else’s car - you can do it, but not as well as you drive your own car.
- A target with his head right between the assassin’s sights is probably going to live if the assassin pulls the trigger. Dead center sights do not equal shots. There’s all sorts of things you need to factor in, like wind speed, the kick of the gun (ALL GUNS KICK BTW), the Coriolis effect, and distance.
- This post details breaking into secure locations, something the assassin will need to do well.
my friend left her window open in her bedroom and came back to find this
look at his self-satisfied little face, the cheeky shit
if there was a post to describe australia, this is it
you mean to tell me this isn’t even a pet bird?
that in australia, you have wild birds that just fly from house to house with the express purpose of fucking shit up?
fucking HELL australia, what is wrong with you?
wake up australia
That’s what birds do
They fly around and fuck shit up
Do you have some kind of mysterious nice birds in your weird foreign country
Do birds in America and England fly into your house and make the bed and tidy up the living room a little bit
It’s cold here, so they just bounce off the windows and lie there and twitch spasmodically while you look for the shovel.
Basically hurling themselves at windows is the worst thing birds do
yeah man a kookaburra literally flew into a classroom at my high school and just sat his smug ass down on top of the desk for a good 20 minutes
why has nobody mentioned the fact that in australia there are 3-4 months a year where everybody just accepts that they’re going to get attacked by magpies. It is literally called “swooping season” and these birds will fly down to peck your fucking face, and people get their eyes ripped out and shit, it’s fucking brutal.
My teacher had to go to hospital and have surgery because of swooping season. It was in the parking lot of school and all the kids would do a mad dash towards the car as the magpies tried to kill us.
no but when you’re 12 years old and riding your bike like mad on the way home from school with an icecream bucket on your head with like branches and shit sticking out if it to scare them off and none of this is considered strange
what the actual fuck australia
It’s true I got attacked four days in a row the other week by magpies. And the wild rainbow lorikeets that live in the trees around my house (and make friends with our pet lorikees) screech and fly at my window and demand I feed them. They even sit there, with me, on the back of my dad’s ute, yammering away until I feed them seed.
Can you guess from my posts what is my:
* Sexual Orientation
* Race and/or Ethnicity
* Field of study and/or field of work
* Favorite TV show(s)
* Favorite book(s)
* Favorite video game(s)
* Favorite food(s)
Leave any answers in my ask and we’ll see how accurate you are.
Go for it.
Go for it!
You guys should do this :)
-is now wildly attracted to every character-))
((IT HAS APPEARED AGAIN IN MY LIFE *cries tears of happiness*))
“OH NO MUN AND HER HARRY POTTER FEELS”
THIS IS BEAUTIFUL!
still the best thing ever
You can basically just assume, without even knowing what this thing is, that it is from Australia.
Fuck that shit this thing is a pokemon
Look at it’s skinny little legs!
what the fuck is it
It’s a kangaroo mouse and it’s native to America, actually. See, not all weird shit is from Australia. Just most of it.
press play if you are a doctor who fan
I was not prepared.
I think I just exploded
There’s no way one could be prepared for this.
NOPE. No way you can prepare for this. At all.
THERE’S NO WORDS FOR THIS AWESOMESAUSE SADERFGJHKOLBNM
UK grading system
Time to move to the UK
Dude I would kill for that grading scale
wait, so what is it in america then?
Anything below that is an F
is that real??
Australian grading system (primary and high school)
85+ A (excellent)
70-84 B (good)
51-69 C (satisfactory)
31-50 D (limited)
26-30 E (Very low)
25 and below F (failed) or UG (un-graded)
Just in case anyone was curious. I always thought that getting an F in America was bad, but that’s like a C in Australia.
I just saw this ad playing before a youtube video and I had to stop and watch the whole thing. Incredible.
Watch this. Now
SEVENS IN HARRY POTTER. SEVEN BOOKS IN THE SERIES. SEVEN HORCRUXES. SEVENS ON HIS FOREHEAD
Other sevens in Harry Potter:
- 7 years at Hogwarts
- 7 floors of Hogwarts
- 7 galleons for a wand
- 7 positions in quidditch
- 7 tasks in the Sorceror’s Stone
- 7 potions in task 6
- 7 Weasley children
- Ginny is the 1st Weasley girl in 7 generations.
- Gryffindor beats Slytherin for the house cup for the first time in 7 years in the Sorceror’s Stone
- 7 books Gilderoy Lockhart requires for DADA (CoS)
- 7 muggles see Harry and Ron fly the car (CoS)
- 7 days of Aunt Marge (PoA)
- Arthur Weasley wins 700 galleons (PoA).
- 7 tear drops on Hagrid’s letter to Hermione (PoA).
- 7 people in the Shrieking Shack (PoA): Harry, Hermione, Ron, Sirius, Lupin, Snape, and Pettigrew.
- Voldemort killed Frank Bryce who was 77 to make the 7th horcrux.
- 7 locks on Moody’s trunk (GoF)
- Dobby has 7 socks (GoF)
- Unicorns don’t turn pure white until they’re 7 years old. (GoF)
- Harry was “born as the 7th month dies…” (OotP)
- 7 memories of Tom Riddle (HBP)
- Harry and Ron get 7 O.W.L.s each (HBP)
- 7DADA teachers
- 7 questions Bellatrix asks Severus in Spinner’s End
- 7 Harry Potters with 7 Order members
- 7 races in the wizarding world: Human, Giant, Goblin, Centaur, Elf, Werewolf, Veela
- There are 142 stairs at Hogwarts which adds to 7 (1+4+2=7)
- Cleansweep 7
- Gryffindor Tower is located on the 7th floor
- Nicholas Flamel and his wife have 7 years age difference
- 7 hidden passageways out of Hogwarts on the Marauders’ Map
- Flitwick’s office (where Sirius is locked in PoA) is on the 7th floor
- 700 ways to commit a foul in Quidditch.
- The Tri-Wizard Tournament was first established 700 years before it’s appearance in the GoF.
- Fred and George charge 7 sickles for a canary cream
- Clause Seven of the Decree states that magic may be used before Muggles in exceptional circumstances
- The Room of Requirement, used for DA meetings, is on the 7th floor. (OotP)
- Cormac McLaggen’s mother was married 7 times. (HBP)
- 7 death eaters at the tower in HBP: Draco, Fenrir, Amycus, Alecto, tall blond, Snape, Gibbon as well as 7 members of the Order and the DA: McGonagall, Tonks, Lupin, Neville, Ginny, Hermione, Ron
- Lily began going out with James in their 7th year at Hogwarts
- The prophecy is in row 97 in the Department of Mysteries
- There are 7 Animagi registered with the Improper Use of Magic Office
- 7 people locked in the Malfoy’s cellar (DH): Ollivander, Luna, Dean, Harry, Dean, Ron, and Griphook
HOW HAVE WE NEVER NOTICED THIS BEFORE!?!?!?
Guys there’s no notes on this post. We broke another post on tumblr…
JK Rowling is the greatest writer ever
7 is the number for completeness in numerology
0 notes y’all broke it again
"isn’t seven the most powerful magical number"
WE BROKE ANOTHER FUCKING POST.
JESUS CHRIST I TRIED HEARTING IT AND BOOM ‘SORRY WE ARE HAVING TECHNICAL TROUBLE’ -slow claps- GOOD JOB
This is the moment when Kurse walks up to his cell and just from looking at him for two seconds, instinctually knows he’s too dangerous to let out.
I love how unafraid Loki is. Or rather, how courageous he is. How resourceful, how poised to use any eventuality to his advantage. If anyone ever says he’s a coward, they haven’t seen this movie.
I love this scene. I love that the two of them basically circle each other like predators AND KURSE BLINKS FIRST. He’s the one who backs away. Even other predators know who’s king here. Look at that little smile in the first gif. He’s not the slightest bit intimidated. He’s faced the worst the universe has to offer. Let unstoppable darkness get back to him when its got a resume. It’s Loki’s version of the same smile Thor gets when he’s about to lay something to waste. It’s the smile of a man who’s not really taking your threat seriously. Let it never be said that Loki’s not a bad ass. He is. Of the first order. And in addition to that he’s dangerous in a way Thor never will be.
Guys. Loki is so dangerous that it took an entire team of SIX FREAKING SUPER HEROES to bring him down. And even then, the Hulk was the only thing that could get the job done somewhat decently. But even after the Hulk had smashed him around like a rag doll, Loki wasn’t even that badly off. He had a few scratches here and there, but to be honest he looked worse at the beginning of Avengers when he’d just come through the Tesseract. He was up and walking a few minutes right after his altercation with the Hulk, and if he’d had a few minutes more to heal, you bet your ass that Loki would’ve gotten up and returned to his rampaging. He is not someone to mess with.
Loki is the absolute deadliest kind of threat because you don’t know what to expect from him. He’s the freaking God of Mischief and Lies. His innate skill is knowing how to attack you in the way you least expect or even know how to defend yourself from. And not only does he have the brains, but as evidenced by his numerous fights with Thor whom he holds his own pretty well against—he batters Thor around quite a bit in the first movie, and it takes Thor placing Mjolnir on Loki’s chest to end the fight—Loki has the brawn too. Sure, he’s not built like Thor or Captain America, and he doesn’t have the robotic strength of Iron Man, but he is a trained fighter. He’s a goddamned prince of Asgard, of course he’s trained for battle. So put together his crazy and ridiculously cunning intellect with lethal fighting ability AND HIS FUCKING MAGIC, and you have some scary shit.
The monster parent’s tell their children about, indeed.